Thursday, December 30, 2010

Party Popcorn


Remember when I started this blog, I promised in my mission statement that I would write about "motherhood well-being". So I far it has been nothing but cooking cleaning and saving money, where is the "well-being" you might ponder, well here it is. What could enhance our well-being better then a "girls night". My husband is working late tonight so I am having my friend over for a girls movie night. My daughter is also having a friend over tomorrow night, so what better time to whip up a double batch of Party Popcorn. This recipe is sweet, slightly salty, and totally addicting.

Party Popcorn
adapted from a recipe by Sunny Anderson
Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
  • 1/2 cup salted peanuts
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions:

In a heavy pot on high heat, add oil and one kernel of popcorn. Cover. When kernel pops, add the rest. Pop until your no longer hear popping sounds. Remove from heat and spread on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment or wax paper.  Melt the butterscotch chips and butter in a double boiler (or in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl). Stir the peanuts into the melted butterscotch and butter. Pour over popcorn and lightly toss with your hands. Melt the chocolate chips in the same manner you melted the butterscotch then drizzle all over the popcorn. Place in the fridge for a few minutes, just long enough for the chocolate to harden. Break up and serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment